by Jons Mith
The fitness needs of every individual are different from that of others. This means that fitness programs have to be designed according to individual requirements. Since we are not professional fitness experts, it is important to hire a personal fitness trainer who can help in creating a training regimen based on your individual needs.
Who is a Personal Fitness Trainer?
A personal fitness trainer is a person who performs a specialized job as a fitness expert. He or she should have the necessary expertise with regards to various aspects of human body, physical exercising and other techniques. A personal fitness trainer helps his or her clients to exercise in a safe and secure manner. Most personal fitness trainers work in health clubs, leisure centers, gyms, yoga centers and also work independently at client homes. They help in delivering aerobic classes, group exercises, etc. they may also work as fitness instructor for an individual or a group of individuals.
Things to look for in a Fitness Trainer
Well, there are a few qualities that you should look for in a professional personal fitness trainer. They include:
- The personal fitness trainer should have good interpersonal skills and also effective communication ability.
- Should have the enthusiasm for motivating people to stay fit and healthy
- Should be personally physically fit and healthy
- Ability to come up with innovative fitness ideas for your training programs
- He or she should be completely aware of the various safety and health issues and at the same time be aware of their legal implications.
- He or she should be able to provide the clients with sound advice on nutrition and healthy eating habits.
- Further, he or she should be completely aware of the latest developments in fitness equipment and new techniques.
- He or she should have basic knowledge of first aid.
Personal fitness trainers instruct their clients on a variety of activities. They design new fitness programs for new entrants and at the same time come up with innovative exercising programs for their existing clients. They also ensure that all the necessary fitness equipment is available and in perfect condition.
What do they do?
Personal fitness trainers combine a high intensity resistance training program along with enhanced cardiovascular pace, to get rid of all the excess fat and tone your body with lean muscle. The workouts may be a combination of isometric exercises, sprints, polymetrics and free weights, designed specifically to push your body to the limit. Your personal fitness trainer will also make use of innovative techniques to ensure better results quickly. This is achieved by way of high intensity circuit training, cardiovascular and lean muscle building exercises that help in burning off the excess calories in the body. Apart from this your trainer will also use techniques that are specifically focused on getting rid of fat from your body.
Your personal fitness trainer may recommend different workouts for each day of the week so that your muscles always remain in a state of confusion thus enabling them to adapt and grow. This ensures that you develop a lean and muscular physique you always wanted.