There are many fad diets and exercise regimes that can make you slim and bony very fast. But the consequences in the long run can be dreadful. Therefore, you should adopt those methods of quick weight loss that fit comfortably in your lifestyle. It is time to stop imagining that it is possible. It is time to join the movement of millions who have found a way to get rid of unwanted fat in a hurry and for good.
1. Get rid of the junk food – if your shelves are currently filled with cookies, chips ad other diet bombs, stash them out of sight – or better yet, throw then into the rubbish bin. Then hit the store to stock up on healthy foods like fresh fruits and veggies, low fat yogurt, lean meats, whole grains, oat-meals and nuts. These foods are simply better for you. However, the occasional treat – like once a week will not harm you – it can be motivating.
2. Wake up early in the morning and go for a jog. Running and jogging for an hour burns approximately 330 calories. You can try to run at least for half an hour. It will be difficult in the beginning, but you should be able to cope up with time.
3. Organize your kitchen with small plates, dishes, forks and spoons to regulate your portion size.
Eat slowly and chew often. Aim to chew each bite of food 20 times before you swallow. Dine with chopsticks instead of flatware; the unfamiliar utensils will certainly reduce your eating speed. Write down what you eat each day in a food journal. It will help you get a handle on exactly how many calories you consume each day.
4. Eating foods that are high in protein and other vital nutrients will help you get rid of extra weight fast. There is an all too common misconception that starving yourself is an efficient way to lose weight. That may be the case once, but in most situations, the opposite holds true. Starving yourself is extremely difficult.
5. try to get in 6 healthy mini meals a day. However, the key here is, you must eat in controlled portions. So stick to the rule of one serve only to control your calorie intake – and more importantly keep you belly happy!
6. Perform cardiovascular exercises such as aerobic exercises, swimming, cycling, skipping, etc. a part of your daily routine. Perform them at least for 20 minutes to lose weight fast. Make sure that you have your breakfast everyday. It is very necessary to increase the rate of metabolism. Eat more proteins than carbohydrates. Proteins require more calories for digestion and also keep your stomach full for longer periods of time.
7. Eat leaner cuts of meat and more meat substitute products. Lee Anne Wong, a contestant on the first season of Top Chef, contributes her weight loss after leaving the show to cutting down on red meat and eating more soy products. Even steak house chefs such as Michael Lomonaco of Porter House New York are beginning to prepare more fish dishes in their restaurants. If you really want to chow on cow, pick the lean cuts: chuck, loin, sirloin and round are usually good bets.
by Zechong Cai