Obesity can cause some serious health problems among people. These health risks may include heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, stroke, gallstones, gall bladder disease, gout, and osteoarthritis. It can also cause breathing problems among some people like sleep apnea, in which a person may stop breathing for sometime during sleep. No matter your motivation for losing weight, there are tricks and certain rules that help make permanent weight loss simple and easy.
1. Eat a good breakfast between 300-500 calories. This will help power you throughout the day and you will be less likely to snack until it is bedtime. Once you sleep your metabolism will shut down. If you don’t normally eat breakfast that’s ok to. Try not to overeat at night. This is where many individuals consume the majority of their calories. Try to cease eating at 8 p.m. If you are a bit hungry try eating some jello or drink a glass of water.
2. Are you drinking enough water? Do you know that increasing your intake of water might help you to lose weight. You must drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. Start your day by drinking a glass of water. You can also add lemon juice to it. You might have heard many dietitians talking about drinking water to lose weight. Try it once, you will be surprised to see the amazing results. Also cut down on your intake of aerated drinks.
3. Get used to choosing healthy alternatives and buy healthy snacks. Ben and Jerry’s makes low-fat and frozen yogurt versions of their popular flavors, and so do many other brands. Get reduced fat versions of items like sour cream, cream cheese, and peanut butter. One trick is to get natural peanut butter and drain some of the oil that floats to the top. It’s still creamy and has less fat! Nuts, fresh and dried fruits, chocolate milk, and frozen grapes are great snacks. If you have a junk food craving, try soy crisps, rice cakes, multi-grain or baked chips with salsa, etc.
4. perhaps the most important pointer I can give, do not punish yourself, do not keep watching for the calories to lose weight, try allowing yourself one sinful food a week. It will give you something to look forward to each week. Remember, if you begin to dislike your new eating regime, then it is probably not quite right for you, fine tuning things here and there, changing the foods you are eating or just changing an exercise regime can help restore your motivation, and you will be noticing your weight loss within the first week of your diet change! So give these tips a try, you will be amazing at what they can do!
5. Watch what you order when eating out. Hidden calories are packed in sauces, dressings, cheese and croutons. To cut calories: get sandwiches without mayo, order salad dressing on the side and use less, switch to egg whites, don’t add cheese, get items steamed or grilled, pick tomato sauce instead of cream sauce, etc. Avoid side dishes like macaroni, pasta and potato salads with a lot of mayo. Caesar salads have a lot of fat and calories due to the dressing.
6. Try using some weights. Exercise is always important when it comes to fast weight loss, so it might be worthwhile to join a gym, or buy some weights to do some weight training and light exercise. Weight exercise especially can help to build muscle and raise your metabolism, and it is surprising how quickly you will notice the fat coming off, and even better, in its place, muscles will begin to develop.