Well, there is no easy way out if you want to know how to lose 15 pounds. The best way to do so is by exercising and cutting down on the calories you consume. If you need an easy way to lose 15 pounds, then just follow these simple sound eating principals. You can lose pounds without feeling like you are sacrificing yourself.
1. Don’t eat just because there is food. Sometimes the tendency to eat overcomes us whenever we see food. Parties can be an excuse to stuff our selves. Understand that the effect of a whole week of trying to lose pounds can be wasted by overeating high calorie party food. If you are offered something fattening to eat, just nibble on it so that you won’t offend your host and at the same time can watch your diet.
2. The secret of most successful dieters is to keep a journal and make a note of everything that they eat. You too can make it a point to write down what you eat, how much and when. In this way you will know where you are going wrong and look for patterns in your eating habit. For example, are you prone to overeating during certain times of the day? The food diary will help you understand what works best for you and how you can cut down calories by eliminating certain foods from your diet.
3. Water serves many vital purposes, especially when losing weight. First, it helps keep you hydrated. If you are the least bit dehydrated, your metabolism will not work as well, no matter how young or old you are. Second, thirst can often be confused for hunger. Therefore, when you drink water in between meals, you are saving yourself unnecessary calories while staving off hunger simultaneously.
4. Do your own cooking: If you eat in restaurants a lot, it can be hard to know for sure that you’re making healthy choices and staying on your diet. Cooking your meals at home can really help you control what goes into the food you eat. Plus, with rising prices and a recession in progress, eating at home can save you money. You can get online and look for healthy recipes and cook your own food.
5. Do not skip meals. The worst thing you can do while trying to lose pounds is skip a meal. It has just the opposite effect on your metabolism than what you want. You need to eat at least four healthy meals every day.
6. It takes around 20 minutes for the brain to realize that the stomach is filling up and to signal when you are full. So gobbling down your meal, increases the chances of overeating. So, slow down and chew every mouthful of food. Eating slowly also ensures better digestion.
7. According to Cedric X. Bryant, chief executive physiologist of the American Council on Exercise, as you sleep, your metabolism slows down, burning only leftover carbohydrates and sugars. When you wake up, your metabolism needs to be fed to begin burning anything. So before giving it more carbohydrates to burn, exercise for 45 minutes, even if it’s just a walk around the block. This will force your body to use its stored fat for energy instead.
8. Eat vegetables and fruits that are in season: We all know that a balanced diet with lots of vegetables and fruit is very important for our health but knowing what to shop for during each season will benefit more than just your waistline. It will also save you a lot of money.
by Zechong Cai