Weight loss can be a struggle, whether you are 20 years old or 60 years old. The key to quick weight loss, however, no matter what your age, is increasing your metabolism. If you just follow these simple things to do, you can’t help BUT TO lose weight. Read this now if you want to finally, once and for all, get rid of your extra pounds without suffering.
1. Go easy on tea and coffee. Caffeine can make it hard to lose pounds because it can affect your metabolism. If you must have tea or coffee I would recommend tea rather than coffee because it normally has less caffeine than coffee does and try to stick to black tea/coffee. When you add cream and two cubes of sugar to a cup of coffee or tea you have the calorie equivalent of a big piece of chocolate cake.
2. Switch over to a healthier alternative in your daily diet. This way you will not only cut calories but steer away from fried foods and stock up on fruits and vegetables. Consume wholewheat bread and brown rice instead of white breads and refined rice. They are high in fiber which keeps the calorie count low and satiety quotient high.
3. Protein is a powerful energy source and is terrific for building and repairing muscle; this is a vital aspect to losing weight. Each pound of lean muscle you build replaces one pound of unsightly fat; over time this enhances your appearance. Muscle is leaner than fat and works to burn fat deposits, which means for every five pounds of muscle you have built, you actually become smaller rather than larger.
4. Fiber is the secret ingredient for weight loss that few people seem to talk about. I’m going to make this as simple as possible for you. I want you to add 2 foods to your diet everyday. One for snacks and the other to be added to your meals.
5. Count calories to lose pounds. It’s a good idea to have an idea of the calories that most food items have. Packaged foods usually have the calorie count on the label and you can find guides that list calories for natural foods. If you find that you have consumed more calories than you should have during the week, then make sure that you work off those extra calories by the end of the week.
6. Consume fish like salmon, tuna and mackerel and cut down on the consumption of red meat. Eating fish lowers levels of leptin which is a hormone that is responsible for a sluggish metabolism. Switch to healthier methods of cooking like roasting, baking, grilling and microwaving. Use an oil spray while cooking to limit the consumption of oil in your food.
7. Once you have enjoyed your morning workout, it’s time to eat breakfast. This is the fuel your body needs to keep your metabolism burning throughout the day; skipping breakfast only slows down your metabolism further, making it harder to burn fat and calories.
8. Walk, ride a bike or run: three effective ways to keep fit and get slimmer is by running, walking or riding a bike. You can use a pedometer to track your distance, time and calories. If you hope to lose weight by running, walking or cycling keep in mind that you’ll only shed pounds if you burn more calories than you consume.
by Zechong Cai