The craze for weight loss is such that many people want to have it within a couple of days. They search for ways for losing fat rapidly. They want to lose some 10-12 pounds within a week. If you are among such men or women, you too might be looking for rapid weight loss measures. If you want to lose weight safely there’s no doubt that you’re looking for a permanent solution to put your excess weight behind you and begin living a more healthier life.
1. Stress is a slow and silent killer. You know it doesn’t feel good, but did you know its making you fat? Chronic stress exposes the body to high levels of a hormone called cortisol. This hormone encourages your body to store fat, especially around the midsection. This excess fat stored deep in your abdomen heightens your risk for diabetes, heart disease and obesity. Put a stop to chronic stress with exercise and mediation. Just 15 minutes a day of silent time to yourself with slow and mindful breathing is enough to significantly reduce your stress.
2. Some form of physical exercise everyday, for one full hour, will be very beneficial. This refers to intensive exercising, not casual physical activity. Exercises can include either brisk walking, cycling, swimming, jogging, running or even a combination of these. Joining a gym for the same will also help, because if you have spent money on a weight loss program, you are more likely to follow it with complete discipline.
3. The top weight loss tip is to drink more water. Drink at least 8 to 10 8 oz glasses of water daily. If you are physically active you may need more. Water speed up your metabolism which burns calories. Water also helps flush waste out of our system and helps us to digest our food to get the most nutrition out of the food we eat. If we drink water between meals it also makes us full so it helps avoid temptation. Drink Plenty of Water.
4. If you’re not getting enough sleep then you’re basically setting your body up for sustained weight gains. It’s not when you work out that your muscles get bigger and stronger so they burn more stored fat – it when you sleep.
So if you’re not getting enough sleep then you’re setting yourself up for failure. Not only will your muscles not repair fast enough from the training and cause injuries down the line, but the rest of your body suffer as well.
5. The harsh truth of our lives is that junk food is unhealthy. Get rid of the habit of snacking up on junk foods every now and then. Say good-bye to burgers, chips, deep-fried foods, soft-drinks and sodas. If they have to be eaten, eat them in moderation. Wherever possible, replace them with healthier snack options like salad (without any rich dressing), nuts, fruits and brown bread sandwiches.
6. Fresh Vegetables add many vitamins, minerals and nutrients without adding many calories. Try the half plate method. Fill at least half of your plate with vegetables. The balance of the plate should be low fat protein and a carbohydrate like rice, pasta or potato. Ideally you want to eat 60 to 70% of your diet as fruit and vegetables. So if at least half of your lunch and dinner plate is vegetables we are getting there. Additionally, you can choose beans over meat sometimes. If you choose meat, choose lean meat. For your carbohydrates choose whole grains for rice, pasta, or breads.
7. If you want to make sure that you stay on track then getting support from your friends, family or coworkers is extremely important. If you’re not comfortable seeking support from people near you then find an online community of like minded people instead.